Realtek has no official software distribution on their site of a RTL8723
driver. As far as the repo goes, it was highly likely taken from a beta-grade
(at best) Dropbox'ed linux driver posted on ubuntu sites after popular demand.

The fact that, in the repo, pieces of code with text saying Copyright Realtek
and GPLv2, means that it could not be ported? Reiterating, could the GPLv2 bits
be removed when the driver is ported to BSD with a valid license?