I've an (Intel) HD4000 and from the point that inteldrm was added to current, X
freezes on launch, and have to SSH in to reboot nicely. Read a post with a
similar problem; reducing video memory to <128 MB was the trick to have X start
on current.

I'm running yesterdays (20th May) -current, on a Lenovo Yoga 13, and there is
no option for video memory in the BIOS. For 5.3 release however, X starts when
I disable DPTF ( Intel dynamic platform & thermal framework). 5.2 release
worked fine with this enabled.

Question: is there a kernel option to reduce video memory used by the OS to see
if the workaround is valid?

Back to the point, X -configure returns a Segmentation fault 0x28, and when
just running startx, Xorg.0.log reveals Output LVDS1 has no monitor section.
(Note: 5.2 & 5.3 release returned same segfault, though X worked flawlessly
with startx)

A few snapshots back, X would start after booting single-user and rebooting,
though failure-success rate was around 4:1. When it would start, running
xbacklight would freeze X again. Also idling too long would cause X to freeze.

Files attached: X -configure and startx logs, and pcidump

Best,
Jean

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-gtar which had a name
of yoga.tgz]