I noticed that, using ksh, if you try to tab-complete any filename
that has a '[' in it while there are more than one file in the
directory will fail.  Simple example:

$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ touch [a] [b]
$ pico \[a

at the last line, if you type tab, the system beeps and nothing else
happens.  It is not such a big deal  for files with small names like
the ones in the example but can get annoying if you have to type in
verbatim a 60-caracter filename.

So this leads to my question.  Is it a design feature,  a POSIX
requierment, or simply something that has gone unnoticed?

--
"They allowed us to set up a separate division almost, that is physically,
geographically, psychologically and spiritually different from what Bill