Ville Valkonen wrote:

> On 10 June 2013 23:44, Ville Valkonen <weezeld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wonder if there's support for HDMI audio (or am I missing something
>> obvious here)?
>>
>> Tried play around with mixerctl but no success. These were the most
>> appropriate values I found and changed:
>> $ mixerctl -v |grep outputs |grep mix
>> outputs.spkr_source=mix3  [ mix2 mix3 ]
>> outputs.hp_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
>> outputs.mic2_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
>>
>> and
>>
>> outputs.master.slaves=hp  { dac-0:1 dac-2:3 spkr hp mic2 }
>>
>> I confirmed with Linux that the sound through HDMI is enabled and
>> working on the TV.
>>
>> So, hints are welcome.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ville Valkonen
>
> ..with this time dmesg included. In addition, sound works perfectly
> via speakers and headphones.
>
> <snip>
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 7 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
> azalia0: codecs: Realtek ALC269, Intel/0x2806, using Realtek ALC269
> audio0 at azalia0
> </snip>

I'm not sure if the Intel/0x2806 codec is the HDMI codec.

Anyway, AFAICT HDMI codecs are hardcoded to be disabled. I suppose the
necessary code to make it work is missing.

>From the azalia_init_codecs function in src/sys/dev/pci/azalia.c:
/* Use the first codec capable of analog I/O.  If there are none,
 * use the first codec capable of digital I/O.  Skip HDMI codecs.
 */

Also on the TODO list in src/sys/dev/pci/azalia.c:
 * TO DO:
 *  - multiple codecs (needed?)
 *  - multiple streams (needed?)

I have an ATI graphics board with a separate azalia controller:
azalia0 at pci1 dev 0 function 1 "ATI Radeon HD 5470 Audio" rev 0x00: msi
azalia0: no supported codecs
In my case I think the only need is the addition of HDMI audio support to
azalia. In your case, assuming the Intel/0x2806 codec is your HDMI codec, I
think multiple codec support is needed as well.

For now I think you're out of luck with HDMI audio.