"Peter J. Philipp" <p...@centroid.eu> writes:

> On 06/12/13 12:38, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
>> "Peter J. Philipp" <p...@centroid.eu> writes:
>>
>>> I made a patch to /usr/ports/graphics/ffmpeg but it needs fixing up to
>>> integrate it into the ports.  However my patch works, which is awesome.
>>> The patch is uuencoded here:
>>>
>>> http://emea.centroid.eu/blog/index.php?article=1370984565
>>>
>>> Perhaps we can see this in OpenBSD 5.4?  Then I don't have to recompile
>>> ffmpeg.
>> OK, the legal issue has already been dealt with by Stuart.
>>
>> I hesitated replying to you privately, but I think proposals like this
>> one should be avoided.
>>
>> On the technical side, your patch should have added audio/faac to
>> LIB_DEPENDS.
>>
>> But about the method...
>> - your mail should probably have been sent to ports@, not misc@
>> - your mail could easily include an inlined diff (an attachment is also
>>    possible on ports@).  Instead here one should go to a website,
>>    copy/paste some text, uudecode it... wait
>> - your diff is not based on -current, patching fails
>> - any explanation other than "I need this" or "go to ShitOverflow for
>>    the details"?
>>
>> As a side not I don't even know what the heck is an Apple TV and I don't
>> really care about that...
>
> Since there was a legal thing the issue is closed.  However you're just
> nagging.

Fine, I thought I was trying to be helpful, but after reading again my
reply I admit that I shouldn't have wrote the last sentence.  Sorry if
you felt offended.

> I enhanced the OpenBSD port

You did not.

> and thought I'd share, your
> response will make me keep these things secret in the future.

I'd like to tell you that's a shame, but then I wouldn't be honest.

Have a nice day,
--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
PGP Key fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494