On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Andreas Bartelt <o...@bartula.de> wrote:
> I also noticed that tar performance got much worse on current, and time for
> building release doubled somewhere around the first half of June.

Hmm, please excuse my frustration, but I'm going to have to rant a moment.

Gaaaaah!

Build performance *was cut in half* and you didn't say anything until
*at least two weeks later*!?!?

No "last known good" date given for when things were fast.
No date given for when you first noticed that it had slowed down.
No definitive time measurements.
No dmesg or information about the system involved (softdeps?  NFS?
hell, *architecture*?!?!)

<additional text deleted>

Folks, if you're following -current and see a support or performance
regression, SAY SOMETHING.  We test as much as we believe necessary
and reasonable, which means that sometimes we miss cases that are
actually show-stoppers and other times we're simply wrong.  Delays in
reporting just make it harder.

Philip Guenther