Greetings All,

I have a softraid device, sd3, which was created as follows:

bioctl -c 1 -l /dev/sd0a,/dev/sd1a,/dev/sd2a softraid0

The chunk sd2a failed.  bioctl shows the RAID1 as degraded, and chunk sd2a
as OFFLINE.

In order to rebuild, I'd need to set up the new sd2.  After replacing and
zeroing the drive, I replaced the MBR with fdisk -yi /dev/sd2, which worked
fine.  Next, I copied the disklabel from sd0 to sd2, but disklabel refused
to write the new label, saying:

disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Open partition would move or shrink
disklabel: unable to write label

I could use another slot I suppose, but is there a way to label the chunk
in the same slot and rebuild onto it that I'm missing?

Thanks,

-John