Hello,

I have an OpenBGPd router with OpenBSD5.3, peering with two remote
routers (one for v4 and one for v6). I expect my peers to send me only
valid routes.

Is there a way to show every prefixes sent by a peer, even invalid ones ?

I know of "bgpctl show rib" but I'd like to understand what this line
means : "27808 prefix entries using 869K of memory"

For me it looks like half of the prefixes I receive are invalid (in
memory bu not in RIB) and I'd like to understand why.

Thank you in advance,
Denis

$ bgpctl sh rib mem
RDE memory statistics
        15 IPv4 unicast network entries using 360B of memory
     13889 IPv6 unicast network entries using 488K of memory
     27807 rib entries using 869K of memory
     27808 prefix entries using 869K of memory
      8364 BGP path attribute entries using 621K of memory
      8018 BGP AS-PATH attribute entries using 265K of memory,
           and holding 8364 references
      1013 BGP attributes entries using 23.7K of memory
           and holding 1534 references
      1012 BGP attributes using 7.9K of memory
RIB using 3.1M of memory

$ bgpctl show rib inet6 | wc -l
13902

$ bgpctl sho rib inet | wc -l