hru...@gmail.com wrote:

> Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2013-09-26 Thu 10:15 AM |, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
> > > I use mutt basically because it has threading support, and I cannot
> > > live without it.
> > >
> > NetBSD version of mailx does support threading as well
> >
> > http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?mailx++NetBSD-current
> >
> > and it does have the right license :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Predrag
>
> Heirloom mailx also supports threads and has BSD license. Who wants such an
> mailx, can install the port. If you make from OpenBSD mailx a mailx
> similar to heirloom mailx, then there will be no small mail client
> anymore.

I would suggest that you compare man pages for Heirloom mailx and NetBSD
version of mailx. Heirloom mailx does so much more than attachments and
threading. It is still the smallest fully featured MUA in existance.

To be frank with you I was checking your claim about Heriloom license.
Makefile has indeed this line
#BSD
I would sware that it was custom license but you might be actually right
on that one. I was wondering if William Yodlowsky can confirm licensing.

> Perhaps the only interesting improvement of mailx would be to make
> it possible to pass the headers through an external filter: for
> searching, ordering, etc. As far as I know this is not possible.
> Heirlom mailx has also an interesting -H option.

There are bunch of interesting ideas from NMH that could really add to
the original mailx but then it would not be original mailx. NMH is the
only MUA besides original mailx that never stops to impress me.

Predrag