I'm looking for input on solving a long-standing issue with uaudio
playback on my desktop system. (http://mongers.org/openbsd/dmesg.fit)

When playing local FLAC files or streaming ogg/mp3 through mpd (or
cvlc), I experience stuttering when system interrupts spike above 15% --
the most reliable way I can reproduce this is by forcing a bit of disk
i/o.

Back in April I tried Alexandre's patch related to audio/midi interrupts
on mp kernels. I also tried sndiod -r44100 -z2940 but neither made any
difference.

Is the stuttering likely related to my hardware, is it a known problem
or is there something else I can try?

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                http://a.mongers.org