> Why?  With a group of others, I started setting up an Internet
> Exchange in Calgary, and this has taken much time because it is highly
> politicized and has encountered some resistance.

So has your internet access (ISP) improved too since a while back or
just locally and what resistance did you encounter - pro surveillance?

The UK broadband speeds have shot up and become more of an asset but
they are also becoming far more of a liability too. I am not too
bothered about well secured?? monitoring systems for the good of us all
by authorites that perhaps put as much importance on the security of the
monitoring systems as anyone else? if not more? but I am extremely
concerned about the government now even pushing ISPs to put in layer 7
filters such as TalkTalks homesafe on the cheapest and crappiest
hardware (of the same make as those with backdoors in audio switches,
thankfully firewalled) and possibly providing a cover for the previously
rejected advertising data harvesting systems of the future under the
compelling and so reason scuppering highly questionable method of
stopping kiddy porn.

If only more ISP engineers understood why OpenBSD is so secure or
atleast as much as they traditionally did with the mantra of ISP's
transport packets and that's all for safety reasons.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)