On Wed 09 Oct 2013 13:53:06 BST, Andy wrote:
On Wed 09 Oct 2013 12:29:48 BST, Leonardo Lombardo wrote:
Thanks for your reply Andy.

What if I have:

- multiple VLANs on an internal IF

Just have a different set of queues for each 'on vlanX' etc.

- have a limited bandwidth on external (say 10/10Mbit/s)

Do as was suggested, have a smaller bandwidth for the WAN traffic
(100Mbit in the example). Just change that to 10Mbit.

and I want to share the external bandwidth among all VLANs giving
some IPs (from different VLANs) each a bandwidth guarantee ?

You cannot share the 'download' bandwidth across all internal VLANS
for the inbound direction, you have to divide it out so that the
egress bandwith of each of the internal VLANs sum to the total ingress
bandwidth of your WAN. This is a horrible limitation which I *hate* :(

Thinking about it, this might not be true..

After-all the packets egress the physical underlying interface so I wonder if its possible to 'queue' on the physical interface 'on emX' for example underneath the 802.1Q tagging, such that all the traffic for all VLANs on top of that phys interface would go through the same queues!

If that were the case it would be wonderful :) and I would be changing my own topology immediately to take advantage of having all my different internal nets share the same WAN downstream bandwidth!

Someone on here who knows OpenBSD better than me might know if this is possible?

You can share the upstream bandwith however as this can be all applied
to the single WAN interface.

Remember you can only queue egress, not ingress.

Sorry if I was not clear in my original question...

Thanks