On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 09:49:44AM -0500, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> just install another 'os' like ubuntu-desktop on your laptop first.
> openbsd will install on it flawlessly after that, it did on mine.
> and yes, there was no need to change any options anywhere.

On my daughter's brand spanking new Lenovo Ideapad $something Touch, we
needed to set the BIOS to 'legacy mode' in order to have it boot into the
Ubuntu installer and then choose some obscure linux kernel parameter for
it to switch to a usable graphics mode for the installer to complete.

For some reason she wanted her laptop on Ubuntu and to use it herself from that
point on.

- P

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/