> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 09:44:11PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 08:26:57PM +0000, Bruno Delbono wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Otto,
> > >
> > > http://pastebin.com/zfkEUxX8
> > >
> > > This is generic.mp with flags of apm and acpi disable
> > >

> Why would you start trying to disable random devices in the kernel and expect
> things to get any better? For the past several years, acpi is needed on most
> machines to do anything useful with those machines. That includes VMs.

Completely right.

As a general policy, if anyone sends a message which indicates that
they have disabled ACPI, I recommend that everyone ignore them.

ACPI is REQUIRED.  Any advice about disabling it is COMPLETELY AND
UTTERLY FALSE AND MISLEADING.

You will NOT get anywhere by disabling it.  You might as well turn
off cpu0 while at it.