On 13-11-15 11:26 AM, Andy wrote:
You sir have just made my weekend! :)

I thought that nexthop directive was a PF rule.. D'oh.. Clearly a long week ;)

What you *might* have to do is use ifstated(8) to ensure that the "LAN" carp(4) interface always stays in sync with the "WAN" carp(4) interface. (i.e. router #1 being master for inside-facing while #2 is master for outside-facing will break pf(4).)

Absolutely.. I always put my carp interfaces into the same carp group to ensure this.

Now it's my turn: "into the same carp group to ensure this" - what the heck? There's nothing in carp(4) that enlightens me, and ifconfig(8) only talks about groups in terms of grouping pf(4) rules. How does that ensure that two carp(4) interfaces transition to master together when they're based on different physical interfaces? What have I missed? (Or is this yet another breakdown in OpenBSD's documentation?)

--
-Adam Thompson
 athom...@athompso.net