On 24/11/13 2:40 PM, David Keller wrote:
Hello,

***************
* My setup

Say I have a router using pppoe to connect to internet.
It gets a different ip address from the ISP every day.

 From this router I want to create a gif tunnel to a static-ip host.

***************
* My problem

How can I ensure the src outer address of the gif interface sticks to
the pppoe dynamic-ip ?

***************
* My solution

I was thinking about updating the gif interface when the pppoe link
changes its IP using a userland daemon
which monitors the interface and executes user scripts.

* Your feeling

1) Is this a good idea ?
2) Does this daemon already exist ?
   2.1) If I write it, would you like me to share it ?

Take a look at ifstated(8).

believed to be clean.