On Fri 29 Nov 2013 17:24:15 GMT, Andy wrote:
Fastest you can buy!! Even then you probably struggle..

You'll need the fastest single core you can get your hands on for the
network stack/OBSD kernel, and the other cores for Snort etc..

3.5GHz Ivy Bridge-EP CPU (E5-2637v2). Their are other Ivy Bridge-EP
CPU's which have more cores but you need massive single core
performance..

And 1866 MHz ECC RAM.. Nothing slower than 1866..

This is the fastest OpenBSD server I know of that money can buy for a
comercially available product (we just bought this and it works great
(Performance Technology must be set to 'Custom'))..
http://shop.transtec.co.uk/GB/E/products/server/application_server.html?mod=prod&name=SA1260A304R&cookies=accept&do=Continue

Andy