On Dec 17 09:21:58, gil...@poolp.org wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 09:17:27AM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:

> > > Why so ?
> >
> > Because if not, the message is rejected with 4.5.3.
> > Messages with certain number of recipients just
> > cannot be sent through this relay.
> >

> Oh, the entire message is rejected ?
> That's kind of violent...
>
> There's a tweak to limit the number of recipients but if we
> could avoid it, it would benefit everyone.
>

> > > Does it prevent OpenSMTPD from sending
> > > to the recipients it has submitted already ?
> >
> > The relay disables my mailserver for some fixed time.
> > No messages from me will be accepted during that time.
> >

> The relay disabling code has been removed, this should no longer
> happen to you with last snapshot.

Now I am not sure if I described my problem well.

On my machine, OpenSMTP is running as my mailserver.
The relay I am sending through, which is another machine
(this network's outgoing smtp server) is not OpenSMTP:
It's geeting me as "ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.5/8.14.5".

That's the relay which is rejecting my messages
if there are "too many recipients" in them.

I deleted all the failed ones from my queue
and after some time, resent to the individual recipients (~120)
one by one with a bit of grepawkery; that went fine.

Occasionaly though, I just need to send an email to ~120 people,
and it would be nice if OpenSMTP could cut that to smaller
pieces which the realy would accept.

(It would also be nice if the relay just accepted the messages
as they are, of course.)

> We will release 5.4.2 in a few days to fix the first shortcomings
> we experienced from 5.4.1 and this will be part of it.

OK, I will try again then.

        Thank you

                Jan