On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:11:27AM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 14/01/14(Tue) 16:21, Sunny Raspet wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Running 5.4-RELEASE/macppc on a Mac PowerBook G4, attempting to
> > interact with the built-in bwi(4) card results in badness.
>
> Sadly this is a know issue on most of the macppc machine having a
> bwi(4).  If somebody has more inputs I'm also interested ;)
>
> M.

It seems the bwi driver lacks support for PIO mode which the
linux b43 driver falls back to in case of DMA errors such as
this one.

Two related linux commits:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=9e3bd9190800e8209b4a3e1d724c35f0738dcad2
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5100d5ac81b9330dc57e35adbe50923ba6107b8f
I'm not sure why the latter commit talks about PCMCIA but it mentions
the powerbook G4.