hmm, on Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 01:06:54PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola said that
> I first thought it to be a strange GNUstep problem which doesn't
> reproduce for me on other OpenBSD or any other GNUstep system, but
> then I started to see it in GTK and other applications.
>
> It doesn't appear to happen in plain xterm.
>
> It could be thus library-related. E.g. Cairo.

yes, it was exactly this case with me as well.
firefox, gkrellm.  xterm seemed unaffected.
hence my gtk+2 regression question to ports@
some weeks ago.  but i realized these were
simply the programs i use the most (urxvt instead
of xterm) and later even xterm started having
problems.  furthermore, making the intel driver
flush its caches made the whole thing go away.

        Option       "DebugFlushBatches" "on"
        Option       "DebugFlushCaches" "on"
        Option       "DebugWait" "on"

i have lost speed, redraws are sometimes visible.
but i can watch movies so it is ok.  my chipset
is old (N570), so it seems the newer ones dont
have this problem, or have some others :]

-f
--
only dead fish swim with the stream.