On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM, emigrant <emig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Master machine is dead, exactly HDD(thank you God for CARP+pfsync) :).
>
> root@master[/etc]wd0(pciide0:0:0): timeout
>         type: ata
>         c_bcount: 16384
>         c_skip: 0
> /: got error 5 while accessing filesystem
> panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error
> Stopped at      Debugger+0x4:   popl    %ebp
> RUN AT LEAST 'trace' AND 'ps' AND INCLUDE OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS PANIC!
> DO NOT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING THIS WITHOUT INCLUDING THAT INFORMATION!
> ddb>

This is a fundamental problem of softdeps:it can delay an operation to
a point where other operations depend on it in a such a way that if
the I/O for that first operation fails, the dependent operations
cannot be undone and the failure propagated up safely.  Rather than
live a lie, it'll panic the system and die.

I don't know exactly which operations can lead to that; if you need to
know that you should go read the softdeps papers on Kirk McKusick's
site.

Philip Guenther