On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:32:36PM -0800, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Chris Bennett <
> chrisbenn...@bennettconstruction.us> wrote:
>
> > I don't print from my laptop often, but all was fine until recently.
> > I am at latest snapshot:
> >
> > OpenBSD 5.5-beta (GENERIC) #247: Fri Feb  7 12:04:52 MST 2014
> >     t...@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> >     cpu0: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz ("GenuineIntel"
> >     686-class) 2 GHz
> >     cpu0:
> >
> > FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,CNXT-ID,xTPR,PERF
> >     real mem  = 536252416 (511MB)
> >     avail mem = 515588096 (491MB)
> >     mainbus0 at root
> >     bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+ BIOS, date 01/12/04, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
> >     0xffe90, SMBIOS rev. 2.3 @ 0xf76a0 (61 entries)
> >     bios0: vendor Dell Computer Corporation version "A10" date
> >     01/12/2004
> >     bios0: Dell Computer Corporation Latitude C640
> >
> > When trying to print either through USB or network connection, I get
> > this error:
> >
> > Your printer job (estimate_details_for_customer)
> > had the following errors and may not have printed:
> > No printer definition (option "-P <name>") specified!
> >
> > I did not have any problems previously. I haven't made any changes
> > either.
> > I am using commands of
> > lpr -Plp estimate_details_for_customer
> > or
> > lpr -Paps1 estimate_details_for_customer
> >
> > Any advice?
> >

> Known issue with that snapshot.  Already fixed in -current.

I rather think this is the foomatic-filters -> cups-filters update
that breaks existing filter scripts for lpd setups, because cups-filters
removes lpd compat. There was no current.html warning for this update,
unfortunately. But the fix is simple. A wrapper script is now needed
to use foomatic with lpd. Check the cups-filters README file
in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes.