[cc:ing misc@ for the archives]

On 03/06/14 21:29, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
Alexander Hall said:
  The offset must be >= 104859648 and < 625137345, the limits of the
  OpenBSD portion
  of the disk. The 'b' command can change these limits.

Any other ideas?

Read the error message you just posted?

I thought that bounds of BSD label should correspond to MBR partition
holding such label.  Am I wrong?  At least disklabel(8) warns against
extending them beyond this limit.

Normally, yes, and those bounds are what you are experiencing.

However, to be able to reach disk areas lying outside the A6 partition (in this case, the ext2fs partition) from within OpenBSD, it needs to be mapped to a partition in the disklabel. Therefore you need to circumvent those bounds using the suggested 'b' command.

Unless you, as noted, started over with a default disklabel, which will automatically set up disklabel partitions for some (but not all IIRC) "external" fdisk entries, starting from i: and up.

/Alexander