On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:39:50AM +0200, Атанас Владимиров wrote:
> Hi,
> I was running PPTP client pptp-1.7.2p4 with userland ppp(8). It was a basic
> setup from pptp(8) manual page and specifically "PPTP on a router" example.
> What are my alternatives to run PPTP to connect to Microsoft VPN server?
> May I use ppp(4) and pppd(8) and if so can you point me to the right
> direction.
> Thanks for your time.
> Atanas

ppp(8) used net/pptp as a pseudo-device via pipes to a pptp process.

With pppd(8) I don't think there is support for using a pipe to
a separate process as a device. Perhaps there is another way
to make pptp work with pppd. I don't know.

npppd supports PPTP but I believe it's currently server-side only.
One possible path forward would be PPTP-client support in npppd.
I don't know if there are any plans for this and I don't have any
such plans myself.

Even though I'm still listed as maintainer of net/pptp I haven't used
it in a long time. If net/pptp goes away I won't miss it.