Hello,

I would like to ask you. Does anybody have a real life experience with a few TB large encrypted vnd(4) image which hosts a filesystem which is intensively written to and read from? In such a setup where the host device is a 4k-byte sector drive and the vnd(4) emulates a 512-byte sector device, is it robust enough? I suppose the vnd sectors would be used in groups of eight or more (4096-byte fragments) and would be aligned to the host drive sectors. Are there any issues? Is the double filesystem overhead and double buffering a problem?

AFAIK, it is the only alternative to softraid crypto discipline for 4k-byte sector drives now.

Thank you.

Regards,
David