On 11/28/05, Ted Unangst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/27/05, frantisek holop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > it shouldn't.  you might get files landing in the wrong directory (i'm
> > > not really sure this is possible either, but it's probably the worst
> > > that could happen), but there shouldn't be any real disk corruption.
> >

> > i had files not showing up on the fat partition right after moving
> > them over from ffs.  windows chkdsk found them as lost clusters
> > so apart losing their names, they were ok ;-)
>
> that would be a different problem.  when did it happen?

I have had this problem of files not showing up on the fat partition
after moving the files over from ffs also.  I dual boot OpenBSD 3.8
and Windows XP on my laptop.  Both os's share a fat partition.  For my
particular case, I put Windows XP into hibernation mode and booted to
OpenBSD.  I copied some ogg files from the ffs partition to the fat
partition.  I was able to play the ogg files from the fat partition
with mplayer fine.  On a boot to Windows XP, I was unable to see the
directories that held my ogg files.  I rebooted back to OpenBSD and
the files were now not seen from OpenBSD.

When I shutdown Windows cleanly and move the files to the fat
partition from OpenBSD, then Windows seems to see the files fines.