Hi!

I had trouble with unbound running out of resources, esp. open files
limit and good people pointed me towards /etc/login.conf. It seems that
unbound is much better now after implementing class for it

unbound:\
        :datasize-cur=2G:\
        :datasize-max=2G:\
        :maxproc-max=256:\
        :maxproc-cur=128:\
        :openfiles-cur=8192:\
        :openfiles-max=12288:\
        :tc=daemon:

and assigning _unbound user to it

# userinfo _unbound | grep ^class
class   unbound

But i wonder how i could ask the system how much are the so to say
ulimits of the running unbound process, e.g. number of open files?

For thous familiar with linux, what i mean is in linux lingo for example
for init process

# cat /proc/1/limits | egrep "^Limit|open"
Limit             Soft Limit      Hard Limit       Units
Max open files          1024            4096       files

Imre