On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:46:56PM -0800, David Ulevitch wrote:
> Misc,
>
> I'd like to hear how people are using OpenOSPFd and how it's working
> out.

It works for most setups. It is not optimal for big ABRs.

> Are people using it in any sort of a local-cluster load balancing
> method?  For example: rtr1 servers area 1 and has three NTP servers
> attached all announcing the same /32 over OSPF with some logic on the
> server to withdraw the OSPF announcement if the service goes down?

Nope. There is no kernel support for multipath routing. First we need to
have working multipath routing before making ospfd multipath aware.

> Also, are people having any issues with the fact that ospfd and bgpd
> each hold a copy of the routing table (at least) and are doing
> inserts into the kernel's table, without any sort of preference for
> multipath routing or metrics? (http://www.openbsd.org/papers/ven05-
> henning/mgp00026.html)

In most cases this is a non issue because bgpd and ospfd are inserting
different routes into the kernel. bgpd should announce the aggregated
prefix (e.g. a /19 or so) and for that no real route is needed. ospfd on
the other hand will add more specifc networks of that /19 and so the two
should not interfere with each other.

--
:wq Claudio