Le 2014-04-11 14:21, Tomas Bodzar a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Sélène <sel...@bsd.zplay.eu> wrote:

Le 2014-04-09 00:48, czark...@gmail.com a écrit :

 Remy said:

here is a simple patch to replace /etc/crontab by /etc/cron.d/.

FWIW why?

I find it far easier to have multiples crontab files in /etc/cron.d/ than
keeping a single crontab.

At works, we are heavily using crontabs, and when we update our own apps
on the servers, I need to check the changes needed for the app in the
crontab. With a /etc/cron.d/my_app_1 file, I would just replace it with the new one, or I can even let the developers update their cron file, but I
won't let them mess the global crontab (root or user).

Of course, I can manage the crontab by hand because I don't modify it very
often, but I find the cron.d easier.

And why not to use CFEngine, Puppet and similar for that?

I am using SALT Stack now, it changed my admin life :)