Em 27-05-2014 02:26, bodie escreveu:
> On 27.05.2014 07:09, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
>> Em 27-05-2014 01:22, bodie escreveu:
>>>
>>> Why do you think that it's good idea to allow users install 3rd party
>>> packages
>>> without need for root privileges?
>> Users can compile and run whatever they want in their home directories,
>> and any other directory they can write to. There is no need for root
>> privileges.
>>>
>>> I mean what are the benefits of such design and how they interact with
>>> security concepts (not only in OpenBSD).
>>>

>> I don't like nor dislike this idea. From my point of view it will have
>> it's audience, but I'll probably never use it myself. And I'll probably
>> never install it system wide for users.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> I think that he mean approach like on Fedore where you can install
> anything
> without a root and not only to your /home

If you meant Fedora, I don't really thing that users can install rpm
packages without root permission system wide. I might be wrong, but I
use other red hat based systems, mostly centos, and they don't allow it.
If Fedora is doing that, then it's just another linux distro that went
wrong. This new system simplifies the compiling and installation. Aka as
ports in your home. I took a look at the code by the way and it was
relatively well coded. Not that many formulas yet, though. OP, you're on
the right direction.

Cheers,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini