On 05/28/2014 04:10 PM, Philip Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Stan Gammons <s_gamm...@charter.net
> <mailto:s_gamm...@charter.net>> wrote:
>
>     Using tcpdump -n -ttt -r /var/log/pflog I have a log entry with
>     [len16<asnlen69] at the end.  The packet was from port 65500 to
>     161.  What is len16<asnlen69 ?
>

> If something in tcpdump output isn't described by the manpage, you'll
> need to check the source and see what the code generating it didn't
> like.  In this case, it's likely that the higher-level protocol inside
> the packet claimed there was more data than fit in the packet.  Could
> be a bug in what's generating it...or could be a bug in tcpdump's
> parser for the higher-level protocol.
>

> Philip Guenther

I see no reference to len or asnlen in the tcpdump man. Given the source
IP I thought it might be something odd.  I haven't looked through the
tcpdump code to see what generated that type entry. This is the log
entry minus the target IP.

May 27 04:37:36.728724  rule 63/(match) block in on em0: 125.96.160.190.65500 >
xx.xxx.xx.xx.161: [len16<asnlen69]