Misc,

So we knew that OpenSSL had some problems, indicated by the fact that they
were blissfully unaware that Valgrind gave warnings when compiling their
code, from the Debian debacle. Then Heartbleed came along, and people knew
how bad things really were, and then members of the OpenBSD got together
and started working hard on cleaning up and auditing the OpenSSL codebase,
which lead to some other people going through through the changes for
indications as to what sort of vulnerabilities the original had. That
eventually lead to this most recent round of vulnerabilities which
professional courtesy dictated that the affected parties get enough time to
patch their offerings before public disclosure, except for the OpenBSD team.

As a user I should probably just run snapshots to cut my window of
vulnerability as much as possible, for the foreseeable future, as this
problem's likely to get worse before it get's better, at the actual
inclusion of LibreSSL in OpenBSD.

Does this sound right, did I miss some important subtleties?