* Anders Østergaard Jensen-Waud <aojen...@gmail.com> [140609 08:58]:
> Note: I would like to provide a dmesg, but am not sure how to do this
> when the system cannot boot successfully.
>
> I took a photo of the boot screen with my phone, which is shown here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ne9jpx8vja2rck/2014-06-09%2015.55.27.jpg
>
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Anders Jensen-Waud <aojen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to boot OpenBSD 5.5 (amd64) from an SD memory card on my
> > Macbook Air (most recent model).
> >
> > When I boot from the SD card (both bsd and bsd.mp) the boot process hangs
> > at “root device: “
> >
> > The SSD drive in the machine is identified as sd0 upon boot. The OpenBSD
> > boot loader identifies both hd0 and hd1. I also tried asking the kernel to
> > ASK for a root device by issuing: boot hd0a:/bsd.mp -a, but with no luck.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can boot from this card successfully?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Anders
> >
> > (Note: I created the OpenBSD installation by mounting the SD card in
> > VirtualBox on Mac OS X and then installing OpenBSD onto it inside the VM.
> > The installation wen fine.)

It is probably the same problem I'm having on Macbook Pro (late 13): all
usb ports are USB3 on this device, and usb3 is not yet supported by
openbsd. You can try enabling xhci* by compiling custom kernel, but it's
still experimental and probably would not work (I've tried, no luck).

--
Alexander Polakov | plhk.ru