On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, bodie wrote:

> On 09.06.2014 14:43, luca suriano wrote:
> > * -> 13:26:02 (Monday 09 June 2014)
> > * -> "Zé Loff":

> > > I think this should be 'keyboard.encoding', not just 'encoding'.
> >
> > I tried but it doesn't work.
> >
> > $ wsconsctl keyboard.encoding=it
> > wsconsctl: WSKBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument
>
> Try kbd -l just to see what's available. Because looking
> here http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin/wsconsctl/keysym.c?rev=1.7
> I can see that IT is not present in base system. Of course
> you can still switch to IT in X with setxkbmap

You can see that IT is not present in base system? Don't drive a car!

IT is present. see
http://wwww.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h?rev=1.36

The following is my guess since i havn't seen a dmesg:

The computer has the keyboard hanging on adb, and adb keyboard driver
doesn't have an IT layout. The later verified.

-moj