I've sat back and read these email discussions and said nothing.
Generally I feel this is what should be done but I can't take it
anymore. Here is my 2 cents and my final 2 cents as I don't care to join
in the polluted discussions.

I'm a huge advocate of OpenBSD and the OpenBSD community. I've always
encouraged others to use OpenBSD and help in any way I can weather that
be financially or just to solve a problem. I've even taken the time to
write various OpenBSD related documents. I give where I can. OpenBSD to
me is not just a product but a community and is treated on a personal
level. I can understand why one would get defensive, frustrated or just
plain pissed off. However we need to get beyond this and treat one
another with respect and help where we can. As the saying goes, "Do onto
others as you would wish them do onto you."

However saying all this I could drop it all like a hat however I hope
that day never comes. As I too hope this whole discussion has been an
isolated incident gone wrong. No one deserves to be treated the way
Sophoie Laurie or anyone else for that matter. Sophie was just asked a
simple question. Sure should have done this and that but she didn't just
a simple kind reply would have sufficed.

I don't know how good this is coming from me, but I personally would
like to say to Sophie Laurie and her son sorry for this horrible
incident and I apologize personally and as a OpenBSD community member. I
truly hope that this does not tarnish your continued support and use of
OpenBSD. OpenBSD is a great thing and I too still believe the community
of it as well is great. Everyone is here to help and continue the growth
of this great product.

Please let's move on and get to something more constructive.

Best,
Adam