As the subject says, I get access denied errors when I try to access SMB shares. Dolphin and Konqueror both recognize the shares, but I'm never prompted for the username and password to access them. I'm able to access the shares from a windows machine, but not from the OpenBSD machine.

The SMB shares are on a FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 machine which has this in the log.smbd file.

create_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
[2014/07/29 20:48:30.879440,  1] ../source3/smbd/service.c:550(make_connection_s
num)
  create_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I'm able to login and see the shares with the smbclient on the OpenBSD machine.

Why am I not being prompted for the username and password when I try to access the SMB share with Dolphin or Konqueror?

Stan