On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:48:35AM +0200, Erwin Geerdink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering the following usb interfaces for my audio setup:
>
> E-MU 0204 usb
> E-MU Tracker Pre
> Presonus Audiobox usb
> Alesis IO|2 Express
>
> Recording will be done on a Windows machine, however it would be
> nice if I can use it for audio playback from an OpenBSD machine as
> well. I found the envy(4) and emu(4) man pages but I'm still not sure
> whether playback would work with any of these devices.
>
> Anyone experiences or suggestions?

Hi,

These devices are handled by the uaudio driver, assuming they are
USB class compliant (driverless ones are likely to be).

Unfortunately, on OpenBSD, USB1.1 devices using isochronous
transfers don't work behind USB 2.0 hubs yet. In other words USB1.1
audio cards are unlikely work on modern machines. I'd suggest you
to test the cards if possible (just plug it try to play a simple
.wav file).

Another option, would be to get a old USB1.1 adapter and attach the
USB1.1 card on it.