I wrote a little script sometime ago and it run from crontab every 5 min
and do:

check and generate md5 of important files like hostname.if , pf include
files, etc ...

All necessaries modification is monitored natively by OpenBSD, but there is
an ossec in deployment as well.

ifstated is used to invert from/to ( always from master to slave )

I hope this help you =)