> Am 08/03/14 um 19:00 schrieb Vadim Zhukov:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> has s.o. managed to get kile-kde4 from ports up and running properly?
>>>
>>> On my system (Lenovo T60 / Core2 / OpenBSD-current #315 - amd64)
>>> kile-kde4 did compile and does start - but that's about it. I cannot
>>> open any file as the system complains about wrong libraries and unknown
>>> mimetypes.
>>>
>>> If this is the first test 'out in the wild' take it as an error report.
>>> Otherwise I would appreciate any hints on how to do it properly.
>>>
>>> Some relvant information further down.
>>
>> Please report actual error you see.
>>
>> I've tested Kile at the time of import by starting and typing some
>> stuff. Not a Kile user myself, though.
>>
>> --
>>   WBR,
>>   Vadim Zhukov
>>
> Hi Vadim,
>
> thank you for your super-fast reply.
>
> The error is that kile simply does not respond to any input
> (keyboard/mouse) after I try to open an existing .tex-document or start
> a new one.
>
> I had started kile from the command line to report the system's output
> with my initial mail. If I kill kile with ctrl-c and try to restart it
> from the command line it doesn't come up again - the splash screen is
> the last reaction.
>
> Does this help you:
> ~ $ kile -v
> kile:/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.57.0: /usr/local/lib/libestdc++.so.16.0 :
> WARNING: symbol(_ZN11__gnu_debug17_S_debug_messagesE) size mismatch,
> relink your program

This is normal for stuff built with non-base GCC...

> kile:/usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtScript.so.2.0:
> /usr/local/lib/kde4/libs/libkhtml.so.50.2 : WARNING:
> symbol(_ZTIN14WTFNoncopyable11NoncopyableE) size mismatch, relink your
> program

... and this one is not. It looks like you have different binaries
(libraries or kile executable itself) linked with different libraries.
Check for (normally hidden) .libs-* packages, e.g., "ls -d
/var/db/pkg/.libs*".

> Qt: 4.8.6
> KDE Development Platform: 4.13.3
> Kile: 2.1.3
>

> Would it be helpful if I delete kile-kde4 and kde4-libs and give it a
> new try from ports?

Why don't you use official packages?

--
  WBR,