On 04-08-2014 05:17, Carsten Kunze wrote:
>> Again I am guessing, but OpenBSD might disconnect if there is a
>> sufficient period of inactivity on the sshfs file system. Usb drives
>> disconnect if left long enough, for example. A running process, such as
>> an open terminal on the usb prevents this. It is a security feature.
> There had only be seconds (at least one or two minutes) of inactivity.
> Can this feature be disabled?  I'd like to use sshfs just as nfs so it
> should not disconnect if possible.  A ssh session does not disconnect
> too, I see no difference between ssh and sshfs regarding security here.
>
> Carsten

I've never used sshfs on OpenBSD yet, but there is a -o reconnect option
in it on linux. I've used sshfs to move even larger datasets than 15GB
with no problems. But you might want to tune it with by playing with the
cache, compression, ciphers, etc options so it will give you better
performance.

Cheers,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini
GPG: 4096R/77B981BC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]