On Fri, Aug 15, 2014, at 02:02 AM, Bernte wrote:
> On 14/08/14 16:14, Nicolai wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 07:16:41AM +0100, Bernte wrote:
> >> Could you please just clarify: I have money and I want that to go to the
> >> OpenBSD project. I would like as much as possible to make it there (from
> >> the UK in my case), I would like to give the OpenBSD people the highest
> >> degree of freedom of what to do with it, and don't need any physical
> >> gadgets to go with it. What is the optimal way to achieve this?
> >
> > The OpenBSD Foundation.
> >
> > http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/donations.html
> >
> > Theo has mentioned it several times this year as being the preferred
> > route.  It's as simple as possible.
> >
> > Nicolai
>
> Thanks Nicolai for the answer. A few things have been clarified
> off-list. I now understand the implications of the different routes to
> OpenBSD.
>
> Bernd

The best way to help OpenBSD is to help Theo de Raadt.
The best way to do that is to buy CD's.
Buy a CD and request no CD delivery.
Buy many CD's with this intent.
Buy a CD and have it shipped to Theo.
(not ideal but an option)
Theo does not like to admit it, understandably, but the main
funding of Theo de Raadt's expenses is paid for by CD sales.
If you want OpenBSD to continue to exist *BUY* *CD's*.
If you want the most secure binaries and to help the
OpenBSD project BUY CD's!

SWIFT and the Foundation fund things like Hackathons.
(I welcome corrections if I am am wrong)
Those things are great.
CD sales support Theo de Raadt directly.
ELECTRICITY
Property taxes
Mortgage
Food
Beer
All sorts of other ESSENTIAL expenses.
We do not want Theo to have to get a commercial job.
That would prevent him from being able to direct the
OpenBSD project.
If that happened then OpenBSD would cease to exist.
BUY CD's

It's really not that complicated.

P.S. Theo de Raadt is an asshole. :)
P.P.S. but if you care about OpenBSD that shit is irrelevant. ;)