On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 09:49:21PM +0000, Frank Parsons wrote:
> Has anyone got Oracle 10g working on OpenBSD 3.8?
>
> What is the general consensus of running Oracle on OpenBSD?

Don't bother.

Run it on Linux instead, and make sure you use the distro Oracle approves
of or expect things to break. (whatever that is this week)

In my expereince it runs better on Solaris than anything else because there
is only one Solaris "distribution" to choose. Since this isn't an Oracle
list I'm not going to get into the technical reasons why this is so
important.

You might also try postgres since it does almost everything Oracle does
and in a lot of ways it sucks less. And it runs great on OpenBSD.