On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 08:57:34AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Greetings, list!
>
> I'm a long-standing user of Linux (currently ArchLinux) who is just
> trying out OpenBSD and so far is much impressed. I'm using a Thinkpad
> T42.
>
> The main outstanding problem at the moment is accessing BBC Iplayer,
> which insists on my having Flashplayer installed.
>
> After reading the FAQ and various lists I put libflashplayer.so in
> ~/.mozilla/plugins and installed the fedora_base package as suggested in
> the FAQ. I still can't use Iplayer.
>
> I saw somewhere that Chrome has inbuilt flashplayer but that doesn't
> seem to be the case.
>
> As a workaround I can use get_iplayer to download BBC programmes but is
> it possible to get a browser to access Iplayer?
>
> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

In the past I have managed to get flash to work on OpenBSD - but flash has not
worked reliably....but not having flash is a positive feature for me ;~)

I have not managed to get iplayer to work in a browser.

If you succeed could you let misc@ know it would be useful for the archives.

Cheers

Fred