On 2014-09-06, Travis Thompson <travis.r.thomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I ordered[1] this modem for my OpenBSD 5.5 router on a long shot
> hoping that since it claimed Linux support that OpenBSD would have
> support for it as well. After I hooked it up, it does show up, but only
> as a generic USB device and a mysterious cdce0 ethernet device.
>
>> cdce0 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 3 "Android Android" rev
>> 2.00/2.28 addr 3
>> cdce0: address 2a:cb:01:fb:f1:00
>> ugen0 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 "Android Android" rev 2.00/2.28 addr 3
>
>> # ifconfig cdce0
>> cdce0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>>        lladdr 2a:cb:01:fb:f1:00
>>        priority: 0
>
> I’ve tried running dhclient on it, but I didn’t get an address (I
> would have been really surprised if I had!).

Actually that is exactly what normally happens for devices which show up as cdce
(or urndis). Any idea what is the expected behaviour for this particular device
under
Linux? I wonder if it may actually be a urndis type device that isn't detected
as such
automatically.

> It seems like I’m missing
> a serial device for controlling the thing, pretty much everything I’ve
> read says I should have one[2]. Anyways, any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> [1] https://techship.se/products/zte-zm8620-v2a/?signature=7509
> [2]
> http://karlbsd.blogspot.com/2011/03/openbsd-nc4200-using-celcom-zte-mf190.html

link [2] there talks about a totally different device, so might well not be
applicable to this.