Hi,

Otto Moerbeek wrote on Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 12:58:32PM +0200:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 01:52:37PM +0300, Matti Karnaattu wrote:

>> man page says:

When citing manuals, in particular when suspecting there may be
problems with them, you should usually say which manual you are
referring to.  This may matter when installation location and .Nm
macros are out of sync (fortunately, that's not the case here).
So:  "The signal(3) manual says:"  (which means: a file called
man3/signal.3 or cat3/signal.0 says)

>> "signal - simplified software signal facilities"
>>
>> And the interfaces differs a lot from this:
>>
>> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/signal.h.html

You are looking at a superseded version of the standard (POSIX 2004).

You probably want to look at
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/signal.h.html
(POSIX 2008) instead.

>> No sigset, sigignore etc.
>>
>> Is this intentional?

> If you look up the full definitions, e.g. sigset:
>
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/
>
> you'll see thes eare marked OB_XSI, Obsolescent.

In addition to that, if a manpage is called signal(3) (in the sense
of .Nm signal and maybe .Dt SIGNAL) that doesn't mean it's about
the header <signal.h> = .In signal.h.  It means it is about the
function signal() = .Fn signal.

Even if we would have a sigignore() function, it might be documented
in a separate sigignore(3) manual.

Yours,
  Ingo