On 09/19/14 11:21, Andreas Bartelt wrote:

I've just reflashed the 4/5/2014 version which is now called "current production" -- the same problem regarding re0. So yes, probably it's a flaky NIC. Taken together with the flaky mSATA drive of some APU.1c revisions and the unusually high operating temperature, I really can't recommend this device. On the other hand, there were a couple of positive reports regarding the APU.1c on misc@, so maybe I just had bad luck...

Best regards
Andreas

Sounds like a hardware problem. The APU I use most has been running for nearly a month. It's running the following and I haven't had any problems with it. Yes, it does run warm. Anywhere from 58 to 62 C.

OpenBSD 5.6 (GENERIC.MP) #314: Thu Jul 31 15:16:43 MDT 2014
dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
RTC BIOS diagnostic error ff<clock_battery,ROM_cksum,config_unit,memory_size,fixed_disk,invalid_time>
real mem = 2098511872 (2001MB)
avail mem = 2033926144 (1939MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0x7e16d820 (7 entries)
bios0: vendor coreboot version "4.0" date 07/08/2014
bios0: PC Engines APU

# sysctl hw.sensors
hw.sensors.km0.temp0=61.50 degC

I have another APU with the latest BIOS and a Kingston 60GB msata SSD drive, but I haven't let it run for long periods of time to see how warm it gets.

Stan