Hello Reimundo
Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2014, 15:09 -0300 schrieb Raimundo Santos:
> On 21 September 2014 05:26, Patrick Ditzel <patr...@central-computer.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Reimundo,
> >

> > I tried do install zabbix from the ports on Sparc64 but this does not
> work. Yet I have not try to figure out why (maybe next week ...).
>

> I'm on amd64, and nothing working at all.

I have build the zabbix_agent from ports successfully. The dependency
for /usr/ports/databases/db/v4 doesn't work automaticly so I have
build dv/v4manually and then build the zabbix_agent (on sparc64).
The agent runs fine. Next I try to build the server.
On amd64 it should also work.

> > If you just need to monitor your OpenBSD machine you can also use snmp.
>

> Thank you Patrick, but I need to monitor an entire network.
>
> For documentation:
>
> I also tried to indicate the configuration files manually:
>
> zabbix_server -c /etc/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf
>
> and got an error about permission denied over /var/log/zabbix_server.log,
> but just when I change the line to this file, otherwise the behaviour is
> the same, "ungracefully" exits.

The zabbix_server dies if it could not write to the logfile (same
problem on Linux some time ago). Check the userpermission for the
logfile, the user that runs zabbix_server should have write access to
this file.

> In the time of this writing, Zabbix packages are 2.2.1 for OpenBSD 5.5.
>
> Best regards,
> Raimundo Santos

Best regards

Patrick