> Was reading http://boycottsystemd.org/ and they wrote:
>
> "The OpenBSD Foundation is currently developing OS-agnostic, BSD-licensed
> replacements <http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/gsoc2014.html#systemd>,
> which will likely prove the most viable."
>
> Is this even something that's being worked on?
>
> http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/gsoc2014.html#systemd
>
> Just curious.

That writeup is agenda-driven bullshit.

1) The OpenBSD Foundation does not develop any kind of software.
   They are a funding agency for the OpenBSD project.

2) The OpenBSD Project is what does development.  The OpenBSD project
   is not doing any such developement.

3) There is a Google-selected GSOC project by a student to attempt
   to make some sense -- in various forms -- of the problems introduced
   by systemd, and try to resolve them -- in various forms -- to make
   supposedly previously portable software once again portable.

4) There are some OpenBSD Project developers helping that student, I
   believe.

4) There is absolutely nothing anywhere saying the result would be
   OS-agnostic.  Someone is totally full of shit.

5) There is nothing to show.

I understand that some people hate the stunts that Red Hat is pulling
these days, but please -- there is no need to drag us into it.

Nothing happening here provides any ammunition like those people want.