Hi Mihai,

Mihai Popescu wrote on Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 08:19:39PM +0200:

> I thought this kind of "suggestion" are not answered anymore
> on this list ...

What i saw didn't look like a troll to me.
Sorry for the noise in case i accidentally fed one.

> @Ingo Schwarze: why don't you remove the files in /etc/examples

Not all of them should be removed.  In some cases, having more or
more complex examples than a manual can usefully contain seems
helpful.  The notable example of an example file that needs improvement
is pf.conf - though putting the right things there isn't exactly
trivial, so sending patches for that one requires *lots* of experience
and knowledge.

I think *some* example files can be removed, and maybe i might do
that, if i come round to make specific suggestions and get OKs for
them.

> and put some examples in man pages, for the apps that have
> no such thing yet?

That may be useful in some cases, though i cannot say in which ones
without looking at the details.  If you think that a particular
page can be improved by sparingly adding examples, feel free to
send patches, that might speed up the process.

Yours,
  Ingo