WE have a large investment in an Amanda backup system that has served us
faithfully for years, backing up a diverse mix of OpenbSD, Linux, HP{-UX,
FreeBSD, and Solaris systems.

The Amanda server is at version 2.65.,

We recently upgraaded sme of our OpenBSD machines from 4.5 to 5.5. I have
manda (client only) to compile on this version ofthe oS.

I do realizethee is a really old version of Amanda in the ports tree, and
yes it compiles, but it is too old to work with our server.

It is a great shame that a package which was originally famous for compling
and running on virtually everything that looked vaugely *NIX like has been
pushed by the comercail vendor who has come to dominate he development of
this package into something that is very dependent on may Linux specific
libraries. If I werestarting over, of course, I would chose something else
for backup, but we have large installed base ofthis system.

We arecomited to retaining OpnebSD asa key component of a upcoing
widesrpead upgaede of our systems.

Can anyone please give me some help with this?